Peter Cooper Jr. on Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:23:41 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Oracle Report 22/06/07

Roger Hicks wrote:
> Of course, no rule in B Nomic specifically allows me to act on behalf
> of Primo Corporation, but I would argue that it doesn't need to.

B Nomic rule 1-10 states that "To perform a Game Action, an Outsider must
post a message to a Public Forum specifying that e is taking that action."
The Outsider itself must post the message. B Nomic doesn't currently have
a proxying rule. For instance, I can't designate you to take actions for
me. Similarly, Primo can't designate you to take actions for it.

I suppose it might be possible in our current rules for some sort of
automated process that was capable of emailing to take actions in B Nomic,
but the action would have to be originated and performed by the automated
process itself, not by some designate of the process.

--
Peter C.