Antonio Dolcetta on Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:37:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Voting

Daniel Lepage wrote:

> I'm open to the idea of being "protected" by another nomic, I just
> disapprove of the methods they used to get that position (namely, that
> a rule change meant to help us fix the game was instead used to take
> over the game, and then to repeal itself). While I don't approve of
> rule 1, I don't want to cut off diplomatic relations with Agora
> either.

I find I'm also thinking in these terms.

Another problem IMHO is that B has rarely had problems with it's
Ruleset, while it's frequently had problems with undetermined gamestate
or vacant officers.
I don't really see how allowing Agora access to the ruleset would really
help there. Yet the provisions for being a "Protectorate" in Agora law
require explicit control over the ruleset.
Maybe it's not so good an offer after all.
On the other hand it has stimulated new life into B Nomic, which can't
be a bad thing