Roger Hicks on Wed, 20 Jun 2007 07:29:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] New Player - Primo

>From outward appearance of course it is easy to distinguish the difference
between a human and a corporation. If you had a computer and a person
sitting in front of you, unless you were blind, you probably wouldn't have a
problem telling them apart. However, that is not the definition of a Turning
Test. A Turning Test provides a controlled environment and requires the
observer to distinguish human from non-human by observing the changes to
that environment. Primo Corporation, due to the fact that it is owned by
human shareholders and operated by human officers, would have no problem
whatsoever in mimicking a human in such a controlled environment.

Another point that was discussed at length in the Agoran forums prior to
taking on B as a protectorate was that the B Nomic rules only state that an
entity must be "capable" of passing a turning test. Given a large enough
sampling, it stands to reason that almost any entity could pass a reasonably
suited Turing Test by accident.

BobTHJ