Antonio Dolcetta on Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:43:24 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] oracle report

On 26 Feb 2007, at 20:23, shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Antonio, I am a bit concerned about this.
>
> Consultations have to be (a) phrased as a question, but they also
> have to be
> (b)  phrased in a form that gives an answer of true or false.
>
> It seems a little odd to zot a consultation that follows (b) but
> not (a)
> when you haven't zotted consultations that follow (a) but not (b).
> Do you
> see what I mean?
>
> (And, lets get this out of the way: it is *not* possible to phrase a
> consultation so that it honours (a) *and* (b).  Only *statements*
> can be
> true or false.  See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> Categorical_propositions)

I am aware of this.
However I present you with the following facts:
1) all previous consultations have been phrased as questions and
everything has sort of worked. (you have submitted some of them
yourself)
2) I am allowed (but not forced) to zot consultations that are malformed
3) there is a proposed fix in the pipeline which I believe will fix
all consultations that are posed as a question, but which will not
have any effect on consultations that are not questions.

I think your questions are fully worthy, but I don't want to worsen
the situation by letting them though as they are. Please resubmit
them as questions and I will let them pass.