Andreas Domfors on Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:16:15 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Draft proposal: Legally binding contracts

> This is nice, but I don't understand what the "giving" part means.
> As a question, would this work ?
>
> suppose i create a contract:
> {{
> trigger: a player gives me 10 mackarels
> transaction: i give that player 5 emps and destroy this contract
> }}
>
> If I read it correctly I don't have to "give" this to anyone for it to work.
> if iI wanted it to work only for player A giving me mackarels i would
> have written:
> {{
> trigger: player A gives me 10 mackarels
> transaction: i give player A 5 emps and destroy this contract
> }}

The point of giving away the contract is to stop you from destroying
it before the payment is received (scamming the other player of his
money), though this isn't really an issue if all the contracts are
handled in public fora.

Hmmm... when you give away the contract, then you aren't assured that
the contract is destroyed after the transaction. Maybe another
contract would have to be involved to assure the destruction of the
first contract. Oh, well. That's all details.

> other random thoughts:
> Why do you use Outsiders instead of Players ?

Well, the Submission and the Transaction rules both deal with
Outsiders, so I thought it was best to follow suit. Not that
non-Player Outsiders can make many meaningful Game Actions... but if
that ever changes...