shadowfirebird on Wed, 24 Jan 2007 02:13:17 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] proposal: don't give points for proposals anymore

> [[since we now have an alternate way of generating points (rule-tag),
> points for proposals is not needed anymore, and more importantly people
> are voting down perfectly good proposals just because they give points !!!]]

Well, since nobody knows anyone's rule tag location yet, I guess this
isn't a strategy thing ::grin::

Let me put in a word for the other point of view here, because I like
the whole points-for-proposals thing.  I've noticed that my behaviour
has changed since that prop passed; and I think I've detected signs
that other players are going the same way, too.  (Antonio, I'm not
saying you should amend your proposal; I just wanted to put the other
point of view.)

First, I've started making more proposals, and I've started trying to
make those proposals as appealing to the other players as I can.  That
has to be good for the game.

At voting time I feel a strong urge to vote against any proposal that
doesn't add something to the game or fix something that really needs
to be fixed.  Surely that has to be good for the game, too.

(I also feel a strong urge not to abstain on any proposal.  I'm not
sure whether that is a good or a bad thing - you could argue either
way.)

Anyway, my 10c.