shadowfirebird on Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:56:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] proposal parser

>  From r1-10 again, "Text to the effect that "any player may do X"
> should be interpreted to mean that X is a Game Action;".
>
> So "Any player may revise a ... proposal ... by resubmitting it"
> means that you may take the game action "revise" and submit a new
> version of the proposal. The action that you're taking is still the
> act of revising a proposal, and so your message must specify that you
> are taking this action.

I think that is a perfectly valid way of seeing the rules.  But so is
mine...  ::grin::

I've no problem with the idea that your script would assign an ID,
BTW, rather than Peter doing it  ... other than the fact that we'd
have to change the rules in order to make that legal, which would mean
making your script part of the rules...

> What if we were to formalize Game Actions? Instead of using "any
> player may do X", we'd say:

That would be doable.  But it would be a very big change to the rules
indeed.  Right now everything that happens in the game is a game
action.  If we forgot to specfy some game action that currently
happens, we'd be in a bit of a mess.