shadowfirebird on Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:56:04 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] proposal parser

> There's no need to draw "logical conclusions" from what is sent in,
> because you have to specify whether you're submitting a new prop or
> amending an old one (this is by r1-10: "To perform a Game Action, an
> Outsider must post a message to a Public Forum specifying that e is
> taking that action.").

Good point but see also rule 2-2: "Any player may submit a proposal at
any time, or may revise a Pending proposal e owns by resubmitting it"
- resubmitting the proposal means submitting it again, IOW making the
same game action e made when he originally submitted it.    A minor
conflict, I admit.  Normally it's clear by context, and that seems to
be good enough for Peter, who actually has to *deal* with it...

> We have to post the mailing list when we make proposals, but nothing
> says we can't do that through a script. Think of a proposal handling
> script as a sort of special-purpose email client - it's no less legal
> to take actions using it than it is to use, say, Eudora, or Outlook.

Works for me.