shadowfirebird on Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:24:28 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] amending: more elections

> > If we want to explore voting systems, how about making a new and REALLY
> > weird one instead of something tedious and ultimately useless like
> > condorcet or borda (hard as it is to resist the attraction for something
> > called "condorcet", that name just wins you over with assonances)
> >

> You could use Dodgson's method (but I'm not gonna help you calculate
> who wins).

I knew nothing about all this stuff when I started writing the Posts
proposal, but I quickly fell for Borda; It's very simple, and honestly
seems to be fairer than first-past-the-post.   Plus, more importantly,
it's less likely to end up in a tie.

Anyone who wants to implement Condorcet has my extreme-impressedness
vote, if they can actually manage to put it into rules in simple
English in less than 5000 words!

Optional.