Antonio Dolcetta on Wed, 17 Jan 2007 03:53:00 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Devices

shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> If there is any ambiguity or room for choice within the rules, then
>>> the owner of a device decides what happens when that device is
>>> triggered.
>>>
>> !!!!!
>> this would get my WTF vote
>
> Why?  It's there for devices that need to be targeted, for instance.
> It's important that only the owner of a device can chose the target.
>
> If you don't want a player to be able to take advantage of this, then
> make sure your device is defined without any ambiguity in the
> effect...
>
> I'm happy to consider any rewording.

suppose i have an object called, "the voodoo doll" that is triggerable
by sticking a pin into it.
any ambiguity in the whole rules (and without looking very far "room for
choice" is ambiguous itself) would let me decide what happens when i
trigger the doll, so i could award myself a win, or worse, just by
sticking a pin into the doll.