Daniel Lepage on Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:17:05 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] Out of time

So, here's the problem.

As a bit of a last ditch effort, I thought perhaps the fact that
Antonio submitted votes *right at* midnight UTC might be used against
em, so I went to check the exact definition of an "nday" in r2-1.

And it wasn't there.

That's right, we don't define "nday" anywhere in the rules.

Well, actually, that's not quite true. The "nday" is an integer
attached to the Clock. But there's no notion of an nday as a measure
of time, so phrases like "the beginning of nday 9" are pretty much
meaningless.

Also, "nweek" is only vaguely defined, and that relies on the def'n
of an nday.

So the takeover scam fails, because the prop isn't Open for voting,
because props don't become open until "the beginning of nday 9 of
each nweek", and there is no such thing as an "nday".

On a related note, it seems nothing has happened in the past 32 days.

--
Wonko