Joel Uckelman on Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:12:21 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] dice server enhancements, part 2

So, I've encountered a difficulty that maybe one of you here is familiar
with: I made the observation just now that my original rolling language
is easy to evaluate because you can parse it into a tree. The whole
program is an expression, possibly composed of subexpressions, etc.
But once you have things like function calls and jumps, it's not so
obvious (to me) that programs in such a language can or should be
represented as trees. I think this is something I'd know about if I'd ever
had a compilers course, but alas, I've not.

Thoughts?

--
J.