Daniel Lepage on Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:40:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] dice server enhancements

On Dec 15, 2006, at 12:27 PM, Joel Uckelman wrote:

> Thus spake shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx:
>> You could just have it show its working always, or have one syntax
>> for
>> showing the working and one not:
>>
>> "Wonko gains {3d6}" -> "Wonko gains 9"
>> "Wonko gains {3d6w}" -> "Wonko gains 9 (2+3+4)"
>
> A problem I encountered with showing the component rolls is how to
> do that intelligibly for more complex expressions.

Is this really an important feature? The email version could include
a copy of the original message at the bottom, to make sure nobody
cheated, but other than that it doesn't seem like we'd care about the
intermediate steps in a calculation.

--
Wonko