Daniel Lepage on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:43:56 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] My first proposals of the New Era

On Dec 12, 2006, at 9:17 AM, bd wrote:

> Daniel Lepage wrote:
>> I submit the following three proposals:
>
>> Create the following Victory Condition:
>> {{
>> === Win By Points ===
>> Trigger: The number of points a player possesses becomes greater than
>> 100.
>>
>> Victor: The player with the greatest number of points, or all players
>> tied for the greatest number of points.
>>
>> Trophy: A gleaming steel rapier.
>>
>> Armageddon: All points are destroyed.
>> }}
>> }}
>
> My __Virtual particles__ prop will need to conflict with this,
> unless it
> uses 'score' instead of points, as a player could flux 100
> point/antipoint pairs for an instant (which would leave their score at
> -100 after all the points are destroyed, but if that's the price of
> victory...)

I was hoping nobody would notice that :D. I guess I should've waited
until closer to Voting to propose this.

>> __More Ways to Win__
>>
>> Create the following three Victory Conditions:
>>
>> === Win By Dictatorship ===
>>
>> Trigger: A rule is created whose text reads, in its entirety, "The
>> player named X may change the gamestate in any way, at any time.",
>> where X is replaced by the name of a current player.
>> Protagonist: The player whose name is in the aforementioned rule.
>> Trophy: A Jeweled Crown and Scepter.
>> Armageddon: None - the dictator could simply turn one off if there
>> were one. However, it is considered good form for the dictator to
>> close whatever loophole allowed em to become dictator, and then to
>> repeal eir dictatorship.
>
> Does this need to be legislated?

No, but I thought it might be useful to set standards for what one
ought to do when gaining total dominance over the game.

That's another region where a set of rules for "proper etiquette"
would be useful.

--
Wonko