Daniel Lepage on Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:15:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] nweek 113 ballot

On Dec 11, 2006, at 7:44 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

> bd <nomic@xxxxxxx> writes:
>>> 36	extend commentability options
>> FOR [[ I'd remove the "although it can be read" though ... ]]
>
> Well, I think the "although it can be read" stems from when we had
> Tiles and Nomic Words, and maybe some prop form bonuses, where we
> wanted to be able to use words in Comment Text as words for poetry and
> word definition purposes, but didn't want them to have any other
> effect.
>
> For now we *could* remove that phrase and I don't think it'd break
> anything, but it may be nice in the future to clarify that we can
> refer to comment text directly if needed.

I think it needs to be read even now. We need to be sure that it
isn't ignored completely: if I propose:
{{
__foo__

Create a new rule:
{{
__bar__
[[ Neener neener.]]
Wonko may Win at any time.
}}
}}

and comment text is completely ignored, then the rule wouldn't have
the comment in it.

Daniel Lepage
dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx