Peter Cooper Jr. on Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:25:49 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: you know you want 'em

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It's useful if you're uncertain about the state of the game and don't
> want to take some ridiculous action unless everything is exactly right.
>
> An example transaction:
> BEGIN TRANSACTION
> I have more than 50 points.
> I give 20 points to Optional.
> END TRANSACTION
>
> This means I give 20 points to you, but only if the first assertion
> is true.
>
> This is useful if, for example, Peter hasn't gotten around to
> recognizing some other set of actions so I'm not sure if I actually
> have 50 points yet.

Transactions are also useful if you're not sure if something you're
about to try is going to work. For instance, When comex (or "" or ""
or player "the administrator" as e has been called lately) tried
earlier to scam the new RFJ rule, e may have wanted to put it all in a
transaction, so that if it didn't work, e didn't change names and
didn't submit RFJs that are kinda pointless if e can't rule on them.

--
Peter C.