shadowfirebird on Wed, 6 Dec 2006 02:12:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] attributes redux

The reason that I originally limited attributes to players was because
I thought that it was players that would need it most.

There's nothing in attributes that can't be done by adding a couple of
extra paragraphs to your rule anyway.

It was really a way of speeding things up, making things more compact.
 I think we're in danger of getting to the point where we make things
more complex instead (and to no good game reason, more's the point!)

I'm not about to propose anything here - did that already.  But if I
did I'd probably add a paragraph at the start defining the term
"scope" and then replace "players" with "objects in scope".  Does it
for me.