Chuck Adams on Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:33:54 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] And now for something completely different

> The Value of Instances of some Attribute 'A' is an Attribute with a
> Scope of all Instances of Attribute 'A', a Range equal to the Range of
> Attribute 'A', and a Default Value equal to the Default Value of
> Attribute 'A'.

Argle bargle floop?  I can't figure out what the heck this means.

> [[ Actually, do we need to define properties and attributes? It seems
> there wasn't an explicit definition in the First Era... ]]

Something needs to unify Property and Attribute, or at least
distinguish them.  A Property would seem to be either a degenerate
case of an Attribute (with itself as its Range), or an Attribute could
be considered a Property with additional data bound to it.  Or the
list of an object's Properties might be simply contained within an
Attribute.

Right now, Property seems to be an indicator of an object's class
(e.g. "all Objects possessing the Property of 'Player' shall possess
the following attributes").  I guess it's just an opaque tag, which I
kind of like, since you could have rules that extend it like "All
objects possessing any Property with a name having a prime number of
letters above 7" (or not).

I'd propose some Grand Unified Object Schema Definition, but it seems
a bit ambitious for a newb :)

sproingie