bd on Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:39:27 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Amended proposal: Legal Mode

shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]
> What I'm trying to say here is that there is no consensus about
> whether we are CURRENTLY playing in "legal mode" or "monopoly mode".
> We need a rule in the ruleset that says that.

Perhaps something like:
{{
__Laws__

There exist Game Documents known as Laws. Laws may only be modified,
created, or destroyed as described in the Rules.

A Law may either Mandate or Forbid Players from taking some Game Action
under certain circumstances (or at all times). In the case that a Law
Mandates an Action, it must specify a Deadline, before which either the
Game Action must be performed. In either case, the Law specifies
Consequences which will occur, should the player fail to comply with the
Law.

Consequences are changes to the Gamestate which must fall under one of
the following headings:
[...]

Should a Law Mandate that a Player perform some Game Action, but the
Rules do not allow the Player to perform the Game Action in question,
the Law's Consequences do not occur. Should a Law Forbid a Player from
performing a Game Action Mandated by another Law, the Consequences
described in the Law Forbidding the Game Action do not occur.
}}