Joel Uckelman on Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:32:59 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Posts (like Ministers); draft rule, shoot it down now, please.

Thus spake shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx:

> > Why not use Condorcet voting? ;)
> > <<<<
> >
> > Because I'd never heard of it before now?  Sold!  Gods bless Wikipedia!
>
> I think I'd like to retract that.  Not the bit about Wikipedia, but
> the bit about agreeing to use the Condorcet Method.  I've had a quick
> Wikipedia lesson in voting science now (!) and I think it's too much
> of a pain for the admin to go through all those one-on-one contests.
>
> But I like the look of the Borda Count
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borda_count).
>
> While you're there have a good laugh at the Droop Quota
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droop_Quota).

Weird, you guys are getting into voting theory... I work on preference
representation, and I'm starting to work on voting theory. Life immitates
nomic immitates life...

--
J.