Daniel Lepage on Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:47:43 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Posts (like Ministers); draft rule, shoot it down now, please.

On Nov 30, 2006, at 12:40 PM, shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> To save time: if I've not commented on something someone said, then I
> agree and will fix it tommorrow...
>

> I'm not sure I like the idea of postees having additional game powers.
> Perhaps they should just have the responsibility of recognizing the
> actions the ruleset says must happen?
> <<<<
>
> I'm not saying that post holders have extra powers - I'm just saying
> that some of them +might+ have extra powers.

Every post holder can fly, and shoot lasers from eir eyes.

By the way, "post holder" is a bit ugly and awkward. Why not call
them Officers, or Ministers, or something?

> Also, there should be a way to impeach ministers we don't like.
> <<<<
>
> Make a proposal that e be forced to resign.  You would anyway.  We
> don't need a clause here for that.

It helps if there's a standard way, though. Then we feel less guilty
about it.

> Akkk.  Right.  Maybe we leave that out then.  Anyone want to play
> devil's advocate here?  Do we need the rule?  What if the admin can't
> take over, can't call an election and the post is needed for the game
> to run?

I'd call a State of Emergency.

--
Wonko