David E. Smith on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:22:00 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Nweek 112 ballot

Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

> 1	The Eras of B Nomic
FOR, even though it doesn't seem to, like, do anything.

> 2	Define Winning
FOR. What's the point of a game if you can't win?

> 3	it's the game of B!
AGAINST. Nostalgia.

> 4	R.O.B.O.T.S. : Robots on Bnomic offer Total Suffering
AGAINST. It's too early in the game to get this silly.

> 5	Properties
FOR. Hopefully we can do something even cooler with it later on.

> 6	Quote Fun
AGAINST. p15 does it better.

> 7	Conflict resoluton
AGAINST. Tries to do too many things at once, and most of them are done
poorly.

> 8	Hard rules
AGAINST. This rule is hard... to understand.

> 9	Attributes
AGAINST. Conflicts with p12, and I (humbly) think I did it better ;)

> 10	boring proposal precedence
FOR. It's wordy and I'm down with wordy.

> 11	Remove Revision Numbers
FOR. I don't want things to be TOO wordy...

> 12	A winner is you!
FOR. I think I just figured out how to make the last sentence work, and
in the meantime the slightly-ambiguous wording shouldn't break anything,
because there's not yet anything in the game that creates or transfers
Points.

> 13	Name-change props
AGAINST. The last sentence is impossibly ambiguous. The last thing we
need is a State of Emergency in the first nweek.

> 14	Change bd's name
FOR. Quit trying to break the game, asshat.

> 15	Finite search space
FOR. This is the least sucky of the "name" props.

> 16	Emergency Management Procedure
FOR. It's not perfect but it's a start.

> 17	Judgment, the actual proposal
AGAINST. I'm working on a better version, and I'm hoping like Hell we
don't need it in the next nweek.

> 18	you must be able to retract your proposal
AGAINST. One of the other props makes "turn a prop Historical" trigger a
vote count, and I'm hedging my bets.

> 19	Infinite search space
AGAINST. p15 does it better.

> 20	Retroactive thing.
AGAINST. I fear things I don't understand.

dave