all players on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:57:08 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] (proposal) Re: Joining.

On 11/27/06, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sorry to be picky, but is this an example or a proposal?
> > If it's a proposal it's on the wrong list...
> I just realized that...
>
> I submit the following >-quoted proposal:
>
> > __Infinite search space__
> >
> > If a proposal titled "Finite search space" passed, revert its change to
> > rule 1-4.
> >
> > Append the following to rule 1-4:
> > {{
> > For the purposes of identifying players, and determining uniqueness of
> > names, the following conventions are to be used:
> > * Uppercase letters are to be considered equivalent to their lowercase
> > counterparts, and vice-versa.
> > * Spaces and double quote characters (") are to be considered equivalent to
> > nothing.
> > }}
> >
> > Should any player names remain which are illegal or non-unique
> > according to rule 1-4, the Administrator shall change them to new,
> > unique, legal names, as determined by the guidelines in rule 1-4.

If a player has a space or double-quote in their name, does this mean
that there is no way to refer to them using their name? Also, what
happens if my prop is applied after yours? The order is currently
undefined.