Jake Eakle on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:20:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] A different RFJ system (draft)

Overall, I like it. A few suggestions though:

 Each player may make only one such
> statement; if a player makes more than one such statement, the first
> statement made on any given request shall be binding.

Why the first? I think I'd like to be able to change my mind in light of
further discussion.

After three ndays have elapsed, the Administrator shall tally all
> statements made by eligible members of The Mob.

Seems unnecessary to specify that the Administrator does it; as has been
previously discussed e is already responsible for keeping players informed
of the gamestate. In fact, this whole sentence could be left out, and its
absence would make things more forwards-compatible.

If, and only if, more
> than half of all members of the mob have stated that they agree with
> the request for Mob Justice, the Administrator shall implement the
> original requestor's suggested remedy, if one was given.

Several things here:
a) The Mob should probably be capitalized consistently, though I'm not sure
if any rules could cause this to be an issue yet.
b) When there are lots of players, assuming that happens, simple majority
can be very hard to come by. Simple majority of respondents would be better.
c) Again, instead of the Administrator doing it, probably better to just say
that it is done.
d) It's unspecified what happens when a remedy was not given. There seems to
be no provision for The Mob somehow communally coming up with one. Perhaps
remedies should be required?

Anyway, I like the idea of The Mob better than RFJs/CFJs as well. Clean it
up and you'll have my vote!

-Personman