Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:05:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Emergency Management Procedure

antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Anyway, this lets any 4 players hijack the game declaring an emergency
> state, immediately creating a new forum between them without inviting
> anyone else, and bang, instant oligarchy. A fifth player cannot do
> anything to stop this.
>
> You could say that technically every PEP should get invited to the new
> forum, but once the public forum is moved to a new forum, there is no way
> for a non-oligarch PEP to make his will known publicly, and in the
> possibility of a real attempt for emergency (i mean a true emergency, not
> an oligarchic coup d'etat), reaching an agreement with all PEPs is
> actually not possible, since many PEPs may be inactive.

The Emergency Procedure applies to all PEPs, not just those who hit their
Panic Buttons. All PEPs need to agree on an Emergency Coordinator and
Forum to use.

> I preferred the old method, that defacto required unanimity, without
> requiring everyone to eplicitly vote.
> Maybe if you added a way that a Panic Button can be used to veto an
> emergency attmpt I would like it.

Well, I was trying to deal with the case where we didn't know who the
current players were, either because of server failure or because we
accidentially broke the game horribly with our changes. (The main reason I
destroyed all players in my Tweak for this reset was because we didn't
have a player list.)

> (If this is indeed a ploy Peter, know that I would have supported you, had
> you privately sent me an invitation to the shadow cabinet. Don't tell that
> to anyone though ;-)

It wasn't a ploy at all. I just figured we need something to deal with the
Utter Chaos that is inevitable in the game of B Nomic, and threw this
together. If you can come up with a better solution, please propose it.
I've got no vested interest in this particular proposal, I just wanted us
to put together something.

I don't intend to take over the game while I'm the Administrator, as
that'd take all the fun out of it. :)

--
Peter C.