shadowfirebird on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 02:25:18 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] (proposal) Re: Joining.

> One issue here is that there's nothing preventing a player's name from
> containing quote characters. If this rule passed, then you could have
> players named q{x"y} and q{xy} - but references to them would always
> be ambiguous.

I'm not sure that that's true.  There's a requirement that player
names be unique.  So whichever player came second in your example
would have to choose another name.

> Perhaps a better solution would be to restrict player
> names to alphanumeric and whitespace characters, so that quoting would
> be unambiguous where needed. As such, I submit the following proposal:

That would be a better solution, I think.  Less "fun", but less confusing.

Optional.