Daniel Lepage on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:56:24 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Changing bd's name for em

On Nov 26, 2006, at 8:33 PM, all players wrote:

> On 11/26/06, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I amend my proposal p14 (Change bd's name), replacing its body with
>> {{
>> Change the name of the player named {{all players}}, who formerly
>> played
>> the game under the name {{bd}}, to have a name of {{bd}}.
>> }}
>>
>> [[I left out a closing brace in my prior submission. This is just
>> putting it in.]]
>
> Well, I can't say I expected that to last long. Still, having a
> proposal to undo a mess I've made in the first nweek isn't a bad way
> to start ;) I'll be FOR it once it's open.

I see nothing wrong with the name "all players". It's no worse than
Uniquely Identifying Names, whom some of you may remember from the
early days of the Nomic. I myself played Nomicron for a period under
the name The Rules. The general assumption is that when there is any
ambiguity, you assume it doesn't mean the player unless it explicitly
points to the player. Thus, "all players has score 0" means "all
players have score 0", whereas "The player named all players has
score 0" means "The player formerly known as bd has score 0".

Also, I think this prop should change eir name to "The player
formerly known as bd".

--
Wonko

> [[That said, is the information about the name I formerly played under
> considered part of the gamestate?]]

Daniel Lepage
dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx