shadowfirebird on Fri, 24 Nov 2006 01:53:26 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: hard rules

> Our current prop system lets players vote as many times as they want,
> but it only counts their most recent vote when figuring out whether it
> passes. This looks like it counts all votes, which may not be what you
> intended. If you're just going to count "votes", then you should
> probably reword other parts of the rule to clarify that you can submit
> an initial vote, and change a vote, but you can only vote once.

Right.  It should say that it counts "final votes".  I haven't changed
the part of 2-2 that defines final votes, of course.

> Do the "votes available" include players who didn't vote at all on
> that proposal? Does this wording mean that voting ABSTAIN is the same
> as voting NO?

I hadn't looked at it like that.  I'll reword it.

> You've got to be *very* careful and meticulous about wording things as
> fundamental to the game as voting.

Is that an argument in favour of certain rules being more difficult to
change?  ::grin::

> As Wonko mentioned, ignoring whole rules may not be the intended
> effect in some cases here.

Yah, right "precedence".  Will do.

> Also, is changing the type of a rule from hard to soft considered
> changing the rule? Or is it just changing the rule's type?

We don't have a definition of a rule change, do we?  A rule change can
affect anything about a rule.  (Unless another rule says otherwise.)
But since I'm already amending...

(BTW Peter, I'm assuming that your arguments are correct and that this
proposal is somewhat redundant.  But a proposal seemed the logical
full stop to our earlier discussion.)

> --
> Peter C.

It's Like This