Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 23 Nov 2006 06:34:44 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Attributes

shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> BTW I have no idea how these attributes would be kept track of.  I
> think that that calls for a seperate (sic) proposal.
>
> Do we need a post of "records keeper" or something?  In which case I
> guess we need to define "post" in the rules.... I think we're a long
> way away from actually +having+ any attributes.

In the past, we had Ministers, which kept track of different parts of
the game. Before then, I believe (this was before my time) we had Dave
The Administrator, who tracked everything.

Right now, I'm Peter the Administrator (as set in the Tweak that did
the reset), and per rule 1-5 I'm "responsible for ensuring that
players understand the current state of the game". (I think that
unlike Dave, I'm also a player right now, which e wasn't.)

I'm fine with tracking props, rules, and score-like things. But if we
get things that are more complicated (maybe whole subgames with their
own rules and stats and such), it'd probably be a good plan to create
some kind of Minister-like system like we had before. But I figured
that we'd burn that bridge when we came back to it again, and for now
I'll track things and ask for help when it gets so complicated I get
swamped.

The thing that probably ought to be taken from me first, though, is
that according to the second sentence of r1-5, I'm the complete
judicial system. Now, maybe a dictatorship is an interesting model
that leads to few problems, but I'd have no problem at all if someone
wanted to set up something more complicated.

--
Peter C.