Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:48:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] 112.2 Administrator's Status Report

Eugene Meidinger <eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It might be a little akward and complicated to setup initially but I
> think you should have a massive template for rules and proposals. A
> person could add {{rule|0|2}} for example and it would return the rule
> 0/2 in the standard format. That way you just make one edit to the
> template and it changes all instances of the rules.

Yeah, I think I could set up that part. But I don't know if Rules in
one big page like it is now will give us the searching/history
capability we're looking for. And I want props to be easy to assign
statuses (like Pending or Open) and perform mass actions (like Change
all Pending props to Open as I'd need to do for voting). And being
able to say "Include all Open props on one page" to make it easy to
read the ballot. And a clock would be nice...

Maybe MoinMoin doesn't have as many features as MediaWiki, but the
scripts we had for it to manage props and the clock were quite useful.

> Given a few days I think I could set it up if you'd like.

If you want to see how to set it up to make everything As Easy As
Possible, that'd be great.

--
Peter C.