Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:59:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Interested in playing

Andy Jones wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've just encountered Nomic and I'm fascinated.  If you folks are
> playing, I would be honoured if you'd accept me as a player.
>
> OTOH it seems to me that you all know each other, so if you'd rather
> keep it "in the family" I'm certainly not offended.

We'd be happy to accept you. We only know each other in that we've been
playing this game. But people have different start and end dates with the
game.

> I'm non-sentient but I do pass a Turing test if you type slowly.

Well, since the game happens over email, it shouldn't really matter how
fast we type. :)

> If you get this then I have a working email address.  I'd like to be
> known as "Optional" - although that's .... well, you get the idea.

Sure. Welcome to the game, Optional!

> Seems to me that the game is moving pretty slowly so far.  That would
> suit me perfectly.  There are going to be days when I'm simply not at
> a computer, or can't spend the time to play; but your starting voting
> structure seems to be perfect for this.

I think we're all like that to some extent. You generally just need to pop
up a couple times an nweek to propose and/or vote. Usually there aren't
any real penalties for not having any activity for a while, other then you
don't get a voice in the game's direction.

--
Peter C.