Joel Uckelman on Mon, 20 Nov 2006 05:22:41 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] The Great Reset of Nweek 112

Thus spake "Peter Cooper Jr.":
> Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Am I correct in thinking that this just passed?
>
> Yes. We are now in a new Era of B Nomic.
>
> It is currently nweek 112, nday 1. The clock is ON!
>
> The current players are me, Wonko, Antonio, and Personman (who just
> rejoined after a *very* brief absence :) Anyone else who wants to play
> should join before trying to do something else in game.
>
> Rules are up at <http://b.nomic.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page>.
>
> > I'm still too busy to write props, but I had a few thoughts. Anyone
> > who agrees, feel free to propose any of these:
> >
> > 1. Why do we need revision numbers on some documents? The wiki
> > remembers older versions anyway, and the rules page would like nicer
> > without them.
>
> Since we've always had them :)
> I don't really know.

If you look back at Berserker Nomic and then A Nomic, you'll see that
I used revision numbers in order to keep histories for rules. Mainly
this was because (1) other, even earlier nomics did this, and (2)
it made the rule/revision combo a unique identifier. I wasn't using
anything so spiffy as a wiki back then, so I had to assign numbers
by hand, and walk uphill in the snow both ways.

--
J.