Antonio Dolcetta on Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:36:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Ding dong the witch is dead.

Daniel Lepage wrote:
> In the time since the game stopped progressing, Real Life (tm) has
> consumed more and more of my time, so I'm not sure I could keep
> playing if we started again.
>
> I do still have complete dumps of all the game data. These include
> the SQL tables, containing all versions of all rules, proposals, and
> CFJ/CFIs from before we switched to the wiki, and an enormous tar
> file containing the complete wiki, the complete older version of the
> wiki, all the relevant scripts, and a couple of unrelated files.
>
> I could probably extract the current ruleset from this mess, if it
> would help.
>

> In order to get going again, the following things need to happen:
> 1. Somebody needs to volunteer to be Administrator.
> 2. Somebody needs to get us some web space (Joel, is b.nomic.net
> still available?)
> 3. The Administrator needs to install a wiki package (MediaWiki would
> be good) in said web space.
> 4. The players need to set up all the relevant pages for the nomic.
>
> So, does anyone want to be Admin?

Hello all
I'd enjoy playing nomic again, but I don't really feel like being the
Admin. However if Joel cannot provide webspace, I could host bnomic on
my server, i don't have mediawiki yet, but i don't think installing it
will be much of a problem. As for point n°4 I think starting with a
reduced ruleset (just the core rules, no subgames etc) would be the best
option.

Cheers