Daniel Peter Lepage on Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:07:40 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] What news?

> Wow, I drifted away from B Nomic shortly after it had near-died, and
> here I wander back shortly after it near-died again. Fate? :P

Welcome back. Maybe you're sent by fate to restore the game in its time of
need? Or maybe you're attracted by the smell of death and decay?

> Anyway, I'm interested in playing, but don't know how much time I'll
> be able to devote. Mediawiki (as others have suggested) does seem
> ideal from my POV, but I don't know what the rules were like just
> before the server died.

The only problem with Mediawiki is that we already have code in Python
that runs on MoinMoin; all of it will need to be replaced. I can't do that
because I don't know much PHP.

Also, does MediaWiki support anything like the TwikiDrawPlugin for editing
image maps via an embedded java program? MoinMoin recently added support
for this plugin, which would be very useful for things like The House.

> I do note that discussion in the archives is recently rather lighter
> than I remembered - signs that the existing game had become stale?

Yeah, activity has faded a lot lately, mostly because nobody seems to have
enough time to fully grok the rules. There are too many things to keep
track of, and not enough time to keep track of them all.

--
Wonko