Daniel Lepage on Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:13:39 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [auto] Triller submits p359

On Feb 14, 2006, at 7:56 PM, Mark Walsh wrote:

On: 2/14/06 12:57:24 PM Personman sent:
Subject: Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Triller submits p359

I think it is pretty clear that game objects cannot be transferred between players at will unless something says they can. Probably not worth going back in time to undo any previous exchanges though. Perhaps such a rule
should be created, but should the transfer of objects be completely
unlimited? SHould you have to be in the same room? What if an object is
undesirable?

Even so, there is much precedent for the fact that it happens
and is accepted practice (most recently, I gave smartcowboy
a Lit Torch, and also dispensed with Rainbow Wolfe's GC
holdings in a manner e chose).

The GC is legal by rule 9-4: "Players may possess Genechips or exchange them with other Players."

Also, until recently, r10-3 contained the text "A player may give a Household Object e holds to another entity if and only if both entities agree to the trade or the rules specifically permit it." Your torch transfer may have been legal under that.

On: 2/14/06 2:34:48 PM comex sent

For that matter, no Rule allows or disallows for the transfer of any
Game Object from one Player to another.

How do you get an actual page history in MoinMoin?  Show Changes gets
you right to a diff vs. the last version.

This is a question for an older master than I.

From the page, hit "Get Info". There are three categories of Info, the first of which is Revision History. The second is pretty boring, and third shows errors because I didn't install the code for hit tracking.

Anyway, before p320 there was:

A player may give a Household Object e holds to another entity if and
only if both entities agree to the trade or the rules specifically
permit it.

I keep a binder with hardcopies of the current Ruleset.
I used to keep a binder with older revisions of amended Rules
for just this reason. After 8 months it just got too thick and I
use the unprinted sides of the paper for scratch.

Older revision can be reached with "Get Info", but we really should put all game documents in a big honkin' database like we used to.

--
Wonko

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind.
     -E. B. White (1899 - 1985), Some Remarks on Humor, introduction