Daniel Lepage on Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:39:40 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Superpowers: Dead or Alive?

At one point Eugene wanted a system where we could propose "Quests", and the quests would all sit there until somebody finished them. Whoever completed a quest first got some big bonus for it, and the Quest was destroy. The upside to this is that it keeps the goals interesting ("kill everyone in under an nweek" gets old after the first time or two), but the downside is that we have to keep coming up with new goals.

Another thing I'd enjoy playing is a game of Capture the Flag across the House. We'd have to put some thought into the structure of the House, but it could get very interesting, especially with superpowers and interesting Room Ordinances.

My third suggestion is to create a bunch of "Nemesis" SuperPowers. No more than one can ever exist in the House at a time. The Nemesis powers would all be absurdly powerful, but all the other players would get a big group bonus if the Nemesis were destroyed, so we'd all want to gang up on the Nemesis. With enough different Nemesis powers, we could get a number of nearly unique subgames out of this.

Anyway, that's my 2.5 cents (.5 because the first suggestion isn't really mine).

--
Wonko