Mark Walsh on Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:45:26 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Movin in the haunted house

On: 1/14/06 2:33:01 PM smartcowboy sent:
> Subject: Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Movin in the haunted house
>
> > Can I just wonder again why you had 6 APs?  p343 hasn't passed yet, so
> > shouldn't you have zero APs?
>
> You are right. Is this a case of executive tidiness?
>
> smartcowboy.

I considered that possibility. I don't believe it is.
Rule 4-7 allows a Minister to submit an ET Referendum
for issues of grammer, spelling, format or content.
It might be argued that the latter applies, but at present
I don't believe the issue is an error. It has just never been
proposed to initiate new player's APs.
Doing so by referendum would constitute an addition to
the rules by this tool which is meant to allow Ministers
to scrub for form. It really is an issue for a Proposal,
and one has been submitted to do this.
The quickest stopgap I could think of was a Tweak,
and motion 345 is it. It's 6 ndays from flying or dying,
but it is legal. Technically, I think it should be Open now.
Sometimes formal notice takes a while to happen.
You are a eligible voter on this so look at Rule 2-7.

Triller