Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:31:02 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: Triller's email

Mark Walsh wrote:
> Ok. I looked at the path from sender in the message source,
> and it looks like it tracks all the way to earthlink's east coast
> server with each bounce being just seconds apart.
> Why earthlink's server is holding up the messages 2 hours is
> a complete mystery. And why only Antonio's?
> Just to see I checked all messages from Antonio I still have
> in my mailbox, and they are all delayed 2 hours from
> earthlink's east coast server to me. I'm in California, but
> the last item in all mail to me is one or another server name
> .atl.sa.earthlink.net (EarthLink SMTP Server). Why only
> Antonio's messages are delayed is mind-boggling.

If it's always exactly two hours, I'm willing to bet that somewhere
between Antonio and your computer, there's a computer that doesn't know
what time zone it's in, which is causing confusion. Maybe even it's
getting there immediately and your mail program is just displaying its
time two hours off, which is messing up your mail sorting? Just an idea.

--
Peter C.