Chris Le Sueur on Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:29:23 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Subgame idea

I mentioned a quibble with HH in my votes - that although it requires
quite a lot of effort to maintain any active presence in the House,
there's not a great deal of reward. Partially, I guess, to prevent the
gap between new players and old players.

Hence, I wonder whether we should create a new subgame. I was wondering
how well Chess or a cardgame might adapt to the nomic mentality. In
particular, a game such as blackjack where the cards have many different
special properties. For cards, there would need to be a way of verifying
that what you put down you had in your hand, which could be interesting.

Chess, though seems like it would work quite well. Even if it were
immutable chess, it would be nice to see what permutations we could
think up, e.g. any player being able to take a turn as long as it is for
their side and it is their side's turn...

Opinions?

--
Chris