Mark Walsh on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:46:54 -0600 (CST)

RE: [s-d] Re: [auto] Triller submits p306

On: 12/13/05 4:41:45 PM Triller sent:
> Subject: RE: [s-d] Re: [auto] Triller submits p306
>
> On: 12/12/05 4:49:46 PM Peter sent:
> > Subject: [s-d] Re: [auto] Triller submits p306
> >
> > Triller has submitted a new Motion, p306.:
> > > Motion 306/0: Talismanic Documents Require Uniformity
> > > A Referendum by Triller
> >
> > I'm with Wonko on this here... If all you're doing is changing the
> > public display to reflect reality, there's no need for a
> > referendum. If not, I don't understand what it's trying to do.
> >
> > --
> > Peter C.
> >
> That's all I'm going to do. 4-3 does state that a non Minister
> making a change needs to post the change to a Public Forum.
> I guess I assumed that Tidiness Referenda were (in part) a
> Minister's Public Posting of intended changes.
>
> Triller

Surely I, (and perhaps respondants Peter & Wonko) could have
benefitted from a careful reading of the Talisman definitions.
In addition to the negligible problems I annotated in my
Referendum, I've uncovered a few more serious incongruities.
Kirchoff's Radiation Generator and Uncomfortable Hat have
a Rarity of 'Uncommon', which doesn't exist. The Amplitude
Amplifier, (of which two copies are now present), states only:
Unique: No.

For the former two, Uncommon and Rare could be synonymous,
but for the latter, conceivable problems arise. What if I have two
AAs? Does this change Amplitude fourfold?

Now that P306 has flown I suppose I should at least change those
types and rarities which are not gamestate altering, but these three
seem to loom large.

Comments and advice more than welcome!

Triller