Daniel Lepage on Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:55:41 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [auto] EugeneMeidinger submits p298

On Nov 29, 2005, at 3:38 PM, eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I think it already does that, (assuming the second "is" in "Each room is counted is a specfic way" is actually supposed to be an "in") Each room
is counted at the end of the nday, and it will not start to to be
counted until the rule is effective. I thought it was clever.

Me too. It does three things, each more clever than the last. First it only counts while the rules exists. Secondly you can just zip through all the rooms in 3 days. And finally and most insidious of all it requires getting outside of the house. Which unless things have changes is only possible if you "freak out". Is the reward to small at all? It was an idea I had for some sort of goal for the haunted house. If you guys want I could maybe start proposing some random goal every other week.

I assume that when you said "you can just zip through all the rooms in 3 days" you meant "can't"; if so, that wasn't at all clear to me from the prop. I thought it just meant that the rooms that you visited didn't count until the end of the nday, at which point they all got added to the list (to avoid a race condition).

Yeah I'll change that is to an in.  Now just to be clear:

The idea is to map out the house. You can only map one room a day and it's the room you go to sleep in. If you map the entire house you get the 400 gc and ect. Do I need to reiterate that in comments?

Putting that in a comment would be very helpful, yes.

Also, this still has the problem that a player who falls behind in the mapping race can stop anyone else from winning by simply moving to the Closet and staying there, so that nobody else can get in.

Maybe we should change the Closet Ordinances so that it's possible to get somebody out of it?

--
Wonko

Good-bye. I am leaving because I am bored.
      -George Saunders, last words