Daniel Lepage on Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:06:54 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Triller submits p277

On Nov 4, 2005, at 12:02 PM, Mark Walsh wrote:

{{ The Training Room }}, offered in verse,
has {{ ordinances }} plagued by a curse.
It won't change the length,
to {{ change "Health" to "Strength" }},
and should make it better, not worse.

Nice limerick, but right now this is just an assertion that things
would be better if 'Health' were 'Strength'. It won't have any effect
if it passes.

--
Wonko

The bracketed text:
Training Room
ordinances
change "Health" to "Strength"

pretty much define the action.
What am I missing?

Brackets do tend to delineate blocks of text that should be treated separately from what surrounds them, but there's no precedent for ignoring the normal text outright. If you changed it so that everything not in {{ }}s were in comment brackets, then it would have the effect you want, but right now it's a statement about the game with a few words emphasized.

--
Wonko

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
                -- Plato