Mark Walsh on Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:23:55 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] RE: [s-b] [auto] Wonko submits p273

Wonko Proposed:
>D. Combat Actions
>Punching the other player is a Combat Action, costing 2 AP. The Punched
player loses 2 HP. 1dx is rolled, >where x is the Punching player's
Strength; if the result is greater than seven, or is equal to x, then the
>Punched Player is Stunned.
>
>Kicking the other player is a Combat Action, costing 3 AP. 2dx is rolled,
where x is the Kicking player's
>Strength. The result is divided by two, rounded down, and reduced by 4. If
the result is positive, the
>Kicked player loses that many HP.

I approve of all of the other concepts introduced or clarified by this
Prop. Nice work, Wonko.
Problems:
Nimbleness isn't included in any Combat Action. I feel it should be.
A player with a Strength of 2 has a 50/50 shot at stunning me, even though
I have Strength and Nimbleness of 8!
At present, I have Health and Alertness maxxed, so my Strength is 8.
I couldn't successfully kick someone. Potions can't max all three
incrementing
Stats, so I guess the Training Room would have to be used.
Also, could Punching be a two stage evolution, such that first you become
Dazed, and then if successfully Punched when Dazed you become Stunned?
I suppose that being Tackled could cause you to be Dazed.

Triller