flutesultan on Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:45:54 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] FishFace sends

> Subject: Re: [s-d] FishFace sends
>
> On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 10:56 -0700, flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > At present, the subgame involving "The House" has caught the
> > interest of most voters. While I consider it to be a mutable
> > version of D&D, apparently enough players like it continue to
> > participate.
>
> I don't know, I'll have to read the "house rules" carefully to see
> whether it's worth participating in! D&D has never really appealed to
> me...

It's merely my opinion. The attributes/combat aspects of the house
remind me a great deal of D&D. But then again, I'm hiding in The Closet.

> > The Suberic concept of breaking the game is not one that I have
> > actively pursued. A rule (3-12) does define victory, but the chances
> > of getting Props past active players that skirt the caveats of
> > that rule are slim (but if that's what you're after, Proose away).
>
> It's an interesting concept, as you have to work in the loopholes, yet
> ensure other players do not exploit them. I don't know whether such a
> goal is really a good one; it may be too difficult to achieve, but those
> kinds of things - something suitably nomicish.

The occasional loophole is not unheard of. The trick is finding and
exploiting it (within the rules) so as to gain the necessary advantage.
I, personally, keep a binder with the current Ruleset in it in hardcopy,
if for no other reason than to remind myself of what has changed during
the last voting period.

> > I've recognized you as a Player, and the fact that you're not
> > yet listed in the Roster doesn't preclude you from participating.
> >

> Of course, of course, I think when proposing something quite so
> sweeping, some discussion might be good, first... I don't know how much
> it took to get The House or Tiles into the game...

Yes, well of course your discourse on the merits of legislation will be
entertained. I was interested and looked at the backlog of Tiles action,
and May was inundated with action. Now its September and the active
players are done with it.
The house evolved over the last couple of months to its present status,
but started simply with a concept and a few rooms. Souls (and a major
rewriting of the soul rules) were in due course incorporated into the
Ordinances that govern the House. A loophole or two were introduced and
exploited involving Souls, but I think the last Vote either closed or
eliminated any advantage (i.e. Classes should be going away; in particular
see Necromancer).

So, do as you will. Anything that you can make fly can become a Rule.
Lobbying for support of your Proposals is to be expected.

Triller