flutesultan on Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:52:32 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] FishFace sends

>FishFace sends:
>
> On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 10:08 -0700, flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > At present, the game is in stasis, 'waiting for update',
> > as Peter is moving. Voting results for last nWeek are not
> > yet in, so updates of various things are also on hold.
> > Souls & scary mansions are interesting indeed, but it
> > looks like the last round of voting killed Tiles (RATS!).
>
> On the last point, I think we should have some kind of replacement for
> Tiles. I was wondering about a kind of "micro-nomic" who had some kind
> of purpose relating to the main one, e.g. breaking it ;) Of course,
> there would be rules in the main nomic preventing this, so the idea
> would be to get around it.
>
> I'm also interested in how a normal game, e.g. chess, would play out if
> its rules were mutable.
>
> --
> Chris

To begin, (and as has been pointed out to me time and again),
I'll point out that any aspect of the rules that can be favorably
passed by the voters will exist in the rules.
A subgame (such as Tiles) which has become stale will ultimately
be voted out of existance. That is, after all, the nature of a
changing Ruleset. I quite liked Tiles. It was the subgame that
attracted me to this game in the first place. The Forts subgame
met its oblivion since I joined.

At present, the subgame involving "The House" has caught the
interest of most voters. While I consider it to be a mutable
version of D&D, apparently enough players like it continue to
participate.

The Suberic concept of breaking the game is not one that I have
actively pursued. A rule (3-12) does define victory, but the chances
of getting Props past active players that skirt the caveats of
that rule are slim (but if that's what you're after, Proose away).

I've recognized you as a Player, and the fact that you're not
yet listed in the Roster doesn't preclude you from participating.

Triller