Daniel Lepage on Fri, 9 Sep 2005 00:10:26 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: Wackiness occuring.

On Sep 8, 2005, at 7.39 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Here's some thoughts, for what it's worth.
The Ballot shows the recursive Proposal 214 as Open.
To me, this indicates that some sort of reset didn't occur
at the close of last nWeek. It should be Pending,
and there should be no Ballot.

Not quite... The proposal sets itself to be Open, not Pending.

Peter, you rightly cited my Ref 242 as being illegal.
However, a corrected version as posted by you
hasn't appeared. Could this, and an associated flag
in the script dealing with serializing be the difficulty?
I suspect you were waiting for an objection, and so left
things as they were for the time being.

Yes, I left things up there as they were.

I can find nothing wrong with my Props syntactically.
As stated, they both bounced as expected to my Email.

Yes, they got sent to the list fine, they just don't seem to be in the
database fine.

Could you try submitting another one, just to see if it's still a
problem? I did manage to submit a prop after you had problems and it
seems to have worked fine...

Fixed. I should really put a sign up about non-ascii characters. Or really, I should make the stupid thing do unicode properly. Apparently my last attempt to fix that just resulted in it ignoring non-ascii props.

The broken props both contained the word "Seance" with the accent on the e. I removed the accent and it works now.

I apologize for my inactivity right now. Things have gotten rather unexpectedly busy, and then I'm going to be gone this weekend; hopefully I can contribute again next Tuesday. And maybe even fix the ascii bug, but don't hold your breath.

--
Wonko

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.
      -Carlos A. Urbizo