Daniel Lepage on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:10:35 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] I'm back.

On Aug 23, 2005, at 9.35 PM, flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm thinking some method of clock validity is in order.
The scripts work when they work, but a method of verification
might be in order to preclude advantages. I got screwed by
the server down time and am not happy about it (Wonko's
apologies for 'inconvenience' not withstanding).

Can a daily bounce of the current NDay be implemented easily?
Thus, the Wiki and individual Email will preclude argument.

Actually it was very little to do with server downtime. It was a change to the way the Clock works, and a corresponding change of the Clock page, but without a change to the Clock scripts.

Ndaily clock notifications are certainly easy to do; is it desirable, given how many emails it will result in?

--
Wonko

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
   -- Douglas Adams, _Last Chance To See_