eugman on Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:51:38 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] MY problems with current props.

> > P199
> > Doesn't seem like the advatages of that rule will ever affect many people.
>
> It wouldn't be an advantage if everybody had it.
No I mean I think that  the bonuses won't be changing hands much.

> > p205
> > The teleport seems a bit powerful.  Of course if you made it so  there was
> > a 1 nday delay in teleporting then people could reek havoc by moving your
> > pod. DAmage should probably be lowered since 10 is default health
> > currently.
>
> You can only create pods at your location, so the teleport doesn't do you
> much good except as a way to quickly return to a place you've already
> been. I expect it will be more useful when players take passageways that
> other players can't take (say, because a Golem can't enter the Closet to
> go through a secret passage at the back). Then a smaller player can go
> through carrying a pod, after which the contraption holder can teleport
> past to join em.
Well I suppose we'll just find out and see.

> > p206
> > Thumb of smiting seems slightly too powerful since that unless I had 30
> > health and was very lucky the priest could kill me with a 1-2 smackdown of
> > smite and punch.
>
> I'll lower it to twenty, but as long as the Soul-Sucker allows
> necromancers to strip priests of their powers, I think there needs to be a
> check on your class.

That's fine.  I should want to run for my life but I shouldn't die instantly.

> Why don't you want more classes? Worst-case scenario is that everyone
> picks a different species and class, in which case it's just as though
> they were all superpowers.

My concern is that there will be necromancers  and no priests to stop them, senators without lobbyists,  Lobbyists without senators. Of course I suppose there is little risk if not alot of people pick golem.