Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:18:17 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-n] Rules Archive 93/11

Joel Uckelman <uckelman@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Thus spake pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>> I've tried to send a copy of the rules, but it's over the 40K limit of
>> the mailing list. So, here's a gzipped copy of them. Let's see if this
>> copy makes it through.
>
> I can increase that limit if you'd like.

Well, it says that it's being held for moderation, so if the moderator
(whom I'm guessing is you) would release them in a timely manner, I'd
be fine with that, too. But you probably have better things to do with
your life, so maybe a slightly higher limit (75K? 100K?) would
work. Possibly delegating someone (I guess me or Wonko) as a list
admin could work too, although I completely understand if you don't
want us mucking with your server.

I guess the real question is whether people want messages that big
going through the list. Perhaps we ought to really figure out what
problem we're trying to solve here, too. Should I just keep a copy on
a backup web server somewhere in case of primary web server
catastrophe, or is an emailed rules copy something people really want
so that they can read it in their email?

Does this mailing list software have the concept of a file library
where people can request a file through a request to the email server?
I don't know if that's a good solution even if it's supported, but
it's a thought.

--
Peter C.
"Keyboard? How quaint!"