Daniel Lepage on Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:42:30 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p160

On Jul 18, 2005, at 1.53 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

EugeneMeidinger has amended p160.

---------------------------------
Proposal 160/1: Revamping entire sould infrastructure neatly.

Somehow between revisions the world "soul" acquired a 'd'.

Create the following room:
{{ __Seance room__

table.

For consistency, I feel that it should have a painting in it. Every other room so far does.

Create the following talisman:
{{
__Soul Jar__

Sacrifice: Gain an amount SP equal to the value of the soul bound to this
talisman before it was bound.
}}

Right now Soul Pennies aren't actually objects. It's just a way of measuring how valuable a Soul is. Rule 7-4 says that
{{
If the price of a Talisman type lists X SP for any number X, this is shorthand for "A Soul or group of Souls with combined value X SP or greater".
}}

Replace paragraph 3 of rule 7-1 with the following:
{{
Players may not take possession of Lost Souls while they do not possess their
own soul
}}
Make all souls possessed by a player be in the state of found.

I do think that if you successfully find your own Soul, and it's just sitting there being Lost, you should be able to pick it back up. Maybe if you lose it without dying it goes to the Gallery?

In rule 7-2 insert the following before the last sentence:
{{A talisman with a rarity of "Absurdly common" is forged at the end of the day the attempt is made if the player attempting to forge it can afford the cost.}}

'day' should be 'nday'.

Remove the last 8 words from the 3rd bullet of rule 7-5.

Oh, wow, I didn't even know that was in there. How long has that been there?

Set the SP of all souls that are neither bound nor share a name with an active
player to 100.

I dislike doing this. I think it's more interesting if some free Souls are worth more than others. Recently Lost ones in particular I think should retain the value they had when their players quit. I may also propose to flat out set the values of some of the Lost Souls, based on how long the corresponding players played and how much they did.

--
Wonko

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
                -- Buckminster Fuller